The conference will be held at USC’s main University Park Campus on October 18-20, 2018 (Thursday to Saturday) in the SCI building in the School of Cinematic Arts (SCA) complex.
The conference will begin at 2pm on Thursday, so if you are coming out of town, we recommend planning to arrive the evening before to give yourself plenty of time to settle in and perhaps explore Los Angeles before the conference begins. Panels will begin relatively early (around 9am) on Friday and Saturday, and we will also have a social reception on Saturday evening after the conference has concluded.
Map of SCA Complex:
Getting to USC
Arriving by car:
Use the following address for GPS-based directions:
USC School of Cinematic Arts
900 West 34th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90089
The building address for SCI is 3470 McClintock Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90089.
Street parking north of Jefferson and/or west of Vermont is usually doable on Fridays and Saturdays, but can involve a bit of luck/patience/walking. Street parking may be more difficult in the afternoon on Thursday.
Pay parking is also available on campus for $12 per day. The closest structures to the SCA complex are Jefferson Blvd (formerly Parking Structure B), Downey Way, and Royal Street (formerly Parking Structure D), which will be open on Thursday and Friday.
- To park in the Jefferson Blvd structure, enter campus at Gate 8, accessed via Jefferson Blvd eastbound, turning right approximately a quarter block east of Vermont Ave.
- To park in the Downey Way structure, enter campus at Gate 6, accessed via Vermont Ave northbound, turning right at 36th Pl/Downey Way.
- To park in the Royal Street structure, enter campus at Gate 4, accessed via Jefferson Blvd eastbound, turning right approximately a half block east of Hoover St, directly across from Royal St.
On Saturday, use USC Shrine or McCarthy Way structures.
Arriving by other means:
Lyfts, Ubers, and even public transportation are fairly abundant in Los Angeles. Be sure to leave extra time to account for traffic the farther away you are, particularly with public transport!
Travel & Accommodations
The closest (and most easily walkable) hotel to the USC main campus is the Radisson Hotel Los Angeles Midtown at USC.
Nearby neighborhoods with many hotel/AirBnB options include Downtown LA and Koreatown.
Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) is the closest and most convenient airport to USC.
From LAX to USC:
- Taxi: approximate cost is $40–$50.
- Lyft, Uber, etc: cost varies depending on service factors.
- Commercial airport shuttles: several companies operate minivan services. The approximate cost for one passenger is $20–$30. For further assistance, inquire at the Visitor Information booths on the upper and lower levels of Bradley International Terminal. Many airport shuttles can also be booked on-line in advance.
- FlyAway Shuttle Service: from LAX to Union Station ($1-$7). From Union Station take the Intercampus Shuttle to UPC (University Park Campus).
- Public Transportation: it is possible to take public transit from LAX by taking the “G” shuttle to the LA Metro Green Line’s Aviation/LAX station. However, we recommend either taxi, rideshare, or shuttle for ease and time savings.